Sorry, this workshops has been cancelled.
Got an iPad? Then you've got a toolbox that you can fill to help you be an even better teacher! Discover how iPad can be your handy assistant by spending time learning about apps and services that you'll wonder how you ever lived without.
The day is all about verbs, that is, the things an educator can do with an iPad. Those actions include showing your screen on a projector, managing the classroom, assessing student work, interacting with students, accessing your files, making instructional media, and expanding professional learning. You can accomplish those tasks with a variety of apps and websites.
The workshop focuses mostly on free apps that you'll be able to put to use immediately. Those apps will turn iPad in a timer, interactive whiteboard, voice recorder, document camera, calendar, magazine, and notebook. See how iPad can help you capture learning artifacts, plan lessons, poll students, visualize concepts, share demonstrations, and much more.
Please bring an iPad, charger, and earbuds so you can participant in the hands on activities. At the conclusion of the workshop you will receive a certificate with the workshop's agenda that will list six hours of participation.
- Understand how iPad can improve productivity.
- List apps that can help capture, store, and share data.
- Learn how to be in more than one place at once by making screencasts of lessons.
- Use iPad to track student behavior.
- Discover how iPad can be used to communicate with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Educators who have some experience using an iPad.
- The workshop is great for teachers who have just one iPad or multiple iPads in their classrooms.
- If you wonder if this workshop is right for you, please ask Tony.
- More about Learning in Hand HQ workshops
- The workshop is held at Learning in Hand Headquarters at 1406 Callahan Drive, Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503.
- You should know that Learning in Hand HQ's learning space is only accessible by going down stairs. Please contact Tony if this might be an issue. Also, it might be important for you to know that two cats live in Learning in Hand HQ.
- More about Learning in Hand HQ's location
- Registration payment by credit card is through Eventbrite.
- Purchase orders carry an additional fee of $20. Email email@example.com to arrange payment by purchase order.
- The registration/ticket fee includes lunch, beverages, and snacks.
- You will receive an email from Tony Vincent one week before the workshop with a list of apps to install. The email will also have information about parking, lunch, and more.
- Refunds for cancellations are offered only if the workshop has a waiting list.
- A refund will be issued if Tony Vincent cancels the workshop, which may 10 days before the workshop if there are fewer than five registrations.