Sorry, this workshops has been cancelled.
Learning academic terms and phrases doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, learning new words should be exciting and fun! It’s time to start looking at digital ways to expand students’ vocabulary. Let’s explore iPad apps and websites that are so irresistible, students can’t help but be motivated to learn. We’ll take a good look at representing words visually, creating multimedia, fueling collaborative learning, and playing games.
Yes, the technology can be mesmerizing, but it’s important to use techniques and strategies proven to work. That’s why pairing technology with Robert Marzano’s Six Steps for Vocabulary Instruction is a powerful combination.
Please bring an iPad, charger, and earbuds so you can experience the power and potential of iPads for making vocabulary come to life. At the conclusion of the workshop you will receive a certificate with the workshop's agenda that will list six hours of participation.
- Become familiar with a variety of iPad apps for studying vocabulary.
- Use apps to restate and discuss vocabulary words.
- Learn simple ways to save and share posters and movies created on an iPad.
- Experience a mixture of apps and activities that can help students add to their knowledge of vocabulary terms.
- Play games that help students remember words and their meanings.
- Educators who have some experience using an iPad.
- The workshop is great for teachers with students who have access to iPads.
- If you wonder if this workshop is right for you, please ask Tony.
- More about Learning in Hand HQ workshops
- The workshop is held at Learning in Hand Headquarters at 1406 Callahan Drive, Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503.
- You should know that Learning in Hand HQ's learning space is only accessible by going down stairs. Please contact Tony if this might be an issue. Also, it might be important for you to know that two cats live in Learning in Hand HQ.
- More about Learning in Hand HQ's location
- Registration payment by credit card is through Eventbrite.
- Purchase orders carry an additional fee of $20. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment by purchase order.
- The registration/ticket fee includes lunch, beverages, and snacks.
- You will receive an email from Tony Vincent one week before the workshop with a list of apps to install. The email will also have information about parking, lunch, and more.
- Refunds for cancellations are offered only if the workshop has a waiting list.
- A refund will be issued if Tony Vincent cancels the workshop, which may 10 days before the workshop if there are fewer than five registrations.