River Eves Elementary School
You can give your classroom learning centers or stations a makeover with technology! The collection of activities teachers provide their students at a center can be enhanced with technology, even if there’s only one computer or tablet available. The graphic and video showcase some of the websites and apps that can help you set the course of the center, provide content, support creativity, and capture responses.
Use Vocaroo.com on your PC to record your voice. Vocaroo saves the recording online and provides a QR code.
Here's how to use an iPad to record video and turn it into a QR code:
- Record a message in the Camera app.
- Open OneDrive and sign in.
- Click the three dots and choose Add Items.
- Choose your existing video and click Upload.
- Wait for upload to complete and click the video.
- Click the Share menu and click Copy Link.
- Open Safari and go to goqr.me, choose URL, and paste the web address.
- Download the QR codes as a PNG or JPEG.
Click the graphic to view the PDF version with clickable links.
Tips & Ideas
Make long URLs easier to type using bitly.com. Be sure to customize so it's as simple as possible (use all lowercase).
Take a screenshot on an iPad by quickly pressing and releasing the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously.
Chop up a YouTube video and turn it into an activity that's perfect for a station using EdPuzzle. You'll need to create your video assignments on a PC and students can view and respond using the EdPuzzle app (after using a Class Code to join). EdPuzzle has a great YouTube channel with helpful tutorials to get you started.
Unite for Literacy has simple picture books for students. They can read the words or click the button to have the words read to them in English (and other languages).
Storyline Online has videos of celebrities reading picture books.
Looking for an app to provide content at a station? Don't waste your time searching the App Store. Instead, search through curated apps at appolearning.com.
Want to copy app icons to paste into your task cards? You can copy or save any app icon from AppShopper.com. Just search for the app and you'll be able to save its icon.
Collect learning artifacts online using Seesaw. Set up your teacher account online.
Padlet is a free website where you can create a wall. You can open the wall up for others to post. Posts can have text and allow for uploads and links. On an iPad you can only upload photos and videos. Watch Tony's video for lots more about Padlet.
Suggested Padlet Wall Settings:
- Log into Padlet.com.
- Click the Modify Wall button.
- Under profile, give your wall a title and description.
- Under Layout, change from Freeform to Stream or Grid.
- Under Privacy, checkmark Moderate posts.
- Under Address, give your wall an easy to type web address.
- See the QR code under the Share menu.
Tony's Teacher Task Cards for Today
There are four task cards from today's workshop. Each card helps you explore a creation app.
And if you're interested in what Tony has to share about project based learning...