I do what I can to help teachers be even more awesome. I'm proud to have lead workshops and made presentations in almost all 50 states and internationally. Consider hiring or recommending me to present a webinar, keynote, workshop, or seminar because:
- The content is practical. I demonstrate mostly free tools, web resources, apps, and sensible strategies that participants can put to use immediately.
- The content is customizable. The presentation or workshop is planned based on the group, topic, and available resources. I work with the event’s organizers to ensure it’s everything participants are expecting (and more).
- I am approachable. Participants feel comfortable asking questions and offering suggestions because I make them feel at ease. There are no stupid questions. Also, I welcome email communication after the event.
- Visuals are enjoyable. You won’t find bullet points in my slides. I use images and graphics as visual aids. Instead of telling you about the topic, I show you.
- Online resources are provided. Digital handouts, links, and notes are created for each event. Participants can share the online resources with others and refer to them years after the event.
- AAAA. I am a member of the Anti-Acronym Association of America. I make every effort to reduce the use of confusing acronyms and senseless technology and education jargon.
- Cutting-edge, not bleeding edge. Educators care more about what works more than about what’s new. I strike a balance with mixing tried-and-true technologies with what’s been newly released.
- Interactivity. I know I am not the only one with knowledge in the room. Using discussion and online interaction, the group learns from one another and hear different points of view.
- Shareability. My work is shared with a Creative Commons license. That means anyone can use and redistribute my handouts, and they don’t even need to ask permission. It also means you’re free to record my presentations.
- Freshness. I am continuously updating my presentations and workshops with better tools and improved resources. What participants receive is up-to-date.
- Accessible. I don't have a secretary. You communicate directly with me on all details of your event. And get this: I pride myself on replying to your emails and completing paperwork in a very timely manner.
- Contagious. My excitement for teaching and learning have inspired thousands of teachers.