To save an image in Safari, tap and hold until the Save button appears. Tap Save and the image is stored in the Photo app.
Voice Memos is pre-installed on iPod touch and iPhone. Great uses of voice recording is are studycasts and student reflections.
BEFORE READING (sample activities)
- View video from iTunes U or Podcasts
- Browse the web to gain background knowledge
- Record answers to background knowledge questions using Voice Memos
- Create comics about vocabulary words
- Use Bump app to send vocabulary words to another iPod touch
- Use Up in Pieces (a.k.a. PuzzleGame) app to turn any image into a jigsaw puzzle
- Practice flashcards at Quizlet.com or with the Flashcards+ app.
DURING READING (sample activities)
- Read book in the iBooks app.
- We read Garbage! Monster! Burp! from the iBooks Store
- Use PollEverywhere to collect predictions
- Create comics to show what a character is thinking using Comic Touch Lite app
- Use Idea Sketch app to make mind maps
AFTER READING (sample activities)
- Puppet Pals app for retelling the story
- Use iBooks app to make notes and email them to the teacher
- Use StoryKit app to make a sequel story
Remember, you can alwayscontact Tony Vincentwith questions and successes!