Classy Videos (Beta 2018)
An Online Workshop with Tony Vincent
Join Tony Vincent for an online learning experience! Tony is again gathering a community of educators to explore video creation. He has plenty of techniques, tools, and examples to share.
The class is six weeks and takes place February 13 through March 20, 2018. Each week Tony records a new video and posts it in Google Classroom. You decide when you’ll watch the weekly video and complete the week's optional assignment.
The Classy Videos Google Classroom will be abuzz with discussions, feedback, and resources every week, and remains online as a resource for years to come.
Registration opens in December.
Frequently Asked Questions
The workshop is labeled as Beta. What does that mean?
- It’s the first time I’ve lead this workshop online. Future offerings will greatly benefit from the improvements I make after this first run.
- I will be monitoring and adjusting my plans for the workshop over the six weeks.
- I’m depending on classmates in the workshop to give honest feedback so that I can make improvements.
- I’ll likely use classmates’ assignments from the Beta class as examples for future workshops.
- Classy Graphics Beta is being offered at a discount. The next time I offer Classy Graphics, the fee will be higher.
What equipment or software do I need?
- 👤 Personal Google Account
- 📱 iOS or Android smartphone or tablet
- 👩💻 A Windows or Mac computer
- 📶 Internet access
- 📈 A growth mindset
Can I join the Google Classroom class with a G Suite for Edu account?
Unfortunately, you cannot. G Suite Edu and business accounts will display an error when joining the classroom.
Can I take this workshop for college credit?
Classy Videos is not offered for college credit. You will receive a certificate of completion and a digital badge.
What are you charging for this workshop?
Planning an online workshop like Classy Videos takes an extraordinary amount of time. So does producing the weekly videos and providing feedback on assignments. I'm self-employed and offering online workshops is one of my sources of income.
How long will the class remain online?
I indent to leave the class open forever. The class will remain online as long as Google Classroom and YouTube continue to host the content, which should be for years to come.
Is this workshop for me?
If you're an educator and interested in producing quality videos for students or colleagues, I'd say this class is for you. You don't have to know anything about Google Classroom, but you should be somewhat confortable exploring new digital tools.
This is the answer.