Soft Reset Episode #15 is here! Tony and Mike attended the 2006 National Educational Computing Conference (NECC) in San Diego. They discuss a variety of things they noticed and learned from the conference. Running time is 52 minutes.Enjoy the show! Click an icon below to listen or subscribe. Tags: necc06 necc
- Mike's Tip: TCPMP is The Core Pocket Media Player for Palm and Pocket PC. It can play just about every video and audio format. TCPMP is free. Mike has a handout for TCPMP in this file.
- Tony's Tip: Watch videos on a Palm instead of a video iPod. Here is a PowerPoint about converting DVDs into a format for TCPMP.
- Tony blogged about sessions he attended at NECC.
- eBook Studio and Plucker were used in Mike's workshop.
- GXB Interactive makes games for GameBoys.
- GoKnow released research on the effectiveness of handhelds in math and science. Episode #10 of Soft Reset address research.
- Beret Applications will be releasing "Grammar Time" this fall.
- Outrageously huge Best Buy bags were everywhere.
- Fourier System's Nova 5000 is a "learning appliance."
- ISTE's Special Interest Group for Handheld Computing.
- Everyone is invited to contribute to Our City Podcast. Here's a wiki page about the podcasting workshop Tony participated in.
- iPods were hot at NECC. Tony doctored up a photo of a poster to express his feelings of iPods vs. Palm/Windows Mobile handhelds.
- 2007's NECC will be in Atlanta.
- Poster Session: Teacher Candidates Get HANDy with Handhelds.
- Poster Session: Problem-Based Learning in Online Learning Environments.
- Visit Soft Reset's Discussion Forum to discuss the show!
- Leave a voicemail for us to play on the show! 206-333-1942
- Email Tony and Mike at email@example.com.