It's here! GoKnow's annual Sketchy Contest looks for the best examples of animations from science, math, language arts, social studies, and other curriculum. The animations must have been created during the 2005-2006 school year and can be created on Palm or Pocket PC computers (there's a 45-day trial for each). The prizes are even better this year:
- 1st place: iPod Shuffle
- 2nd place: Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP
- 3rd place: Miniature Digital Camera
- Honorable Mentions: Certificate of Recognition
- Have typed text (when appropriate) using the text tool to explain and label concepts
- Have no student names in the animation itself
- Demonstrate good use of colors and design
- Have smooth transition between frames
- Teach a concept to someone who knows nothing about it. Can a stranger watch your Sketchy and understand what you are learning about?
- Entertaining to watch—the “replay value”
Go to GoKnow's Sketchy Animation Contest page for a flyer, rules, submission guidelines, and submission template. It's also a great idea to check out winning examples from the 2004 Contest and 2005 Contest.