Soft Reset Show #10 features Dr. Mark van 't Hooft from Kent State's Research Center for Educational Technology. Mark joins Tony and Mike to discuss the new ISTE Special Interest Group for Handheld Computing and his work researching the use handhelds in education.
- Tony's Tip: Visit learninginhand's Web Links section for Research. You'll find links to much of the research cited by Mark.
- Mike's Tip: Consider conducting your own mini-research project or just share stories from your classroom with others. The Discussion Forum is a great place to share.
- Research Center for Educational Technology.
- Join the International Society for Technology in Education's Handheld Computing SIG. If you are already an ISTE member and want to join the SIG, call the number on this page.
- SRI Research Findings.
- Michigan Handheld Computers in Education Conference & the mLearn Conference are just a couple of the conferences for handheld computing.
- There are many discussion boards to connect handheld-using educators.
- Mark's upcoming book will be out in August 2006 with the title Ubiquitous Computing in Education: Invisible Technology, Visible Impact.
- Contact Mark van 't Hooft: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Soft Reset's Discussion Forum to discuss this show!
- Leave a voicemail for us to play on the show! 206-333-1942
- Email Tony and Mike at email@example.com.