David Pence from Royerford, Pennsylvania co-presented a poster session at NECC titled Handhelds Across the Disciplines with Judy Kuhns and Daniel Mounta. Dave teaches fourth grade and uses Zire 72s with his students. Like I did with many people at the national conference, I used my LifeDrive to record David. I asked him to tell me about his project.
- The most convenient it’s easy to put together portfolios of student writing.
- Purchasing the handhelds is part of his building’s technology plan.
- Zire 72 blue rubber peeling is not appealing.
- Someone takes a photo of Tony for some reason.
- David’s school has two mobile carts shared among six classrooms. The carts have power cords built-in.
- They purchased everything, including training, from K12Handheld.
Websites have really helped teachers use handhelds to teach curriculum.
- Dave likes to have students take photos and then use the Margi Presenter-to-Go to show them to the entire class using a multimedia projector.
- The one piece of commercial software David’s school uses is Inspiration for concept mapping.
- Download the presenters' PowerPoint slide show here.