Soft Reset Show #6 is all about teaching economic concepts. Tony and Mike discuss three kinds of handheld applications for economics: calculators, games, and simulations. Dance with Tony as Mike plays music for us and listen to find out how Mike lost $11,000 worth of fish.
- Robert, a second grader, from Lexington Elementary School in South Carolina introduces Tony and Mike. Thanks Robert!
- Tony's Tip: Pay attention to the included documents when downloading software, they could provide some useful directions--maybe even something you can copy and give to students.
- Mike's Tip: Perhaps you can put some commercial software on SD cards and have students share them. Make sure you check the license agreement and keep in mind that not all software can run from an SD card.
- Calculators: Inflation Master (Palm), Loan Calc (Windows Mobile), Mortgage Calc (Windows Mobile).
- Games: Lemonade Stand (Windows Mobile - $6), Lemonade Tycoon (Windows Mobile - $20), Fish Tycoon (Palm & Windows Mobile), Day Trader (Palm), Solar Wars (Palm), Space Trader (Palm) and Space Trader (Windows Mobile).
- Space Trader Lesson Plan & Other Lesson Plans
- Simulations: Sugar & Space (Palm).
- Music from The Freesound Project.
- Leave a voicemail for us to play on the show! 206-333-1942
- Email Tony and Mike at email@example.com.