There's a new book for educators who are interested in podcasting with students. KidCast: Podcasting in the Classroom is by fellow Nebraskan Dan Schmit. According to the publisher, KidCast will get you and your students started with easy to follow directions to help you:
- Learn the basics of finding and listening to podcasts on the Internet.
- Organize your own podcast show.
- Find low-cost easy to use audio recording and mixing software.
- Create RSS feeds to allow others to subscribe to your show.
- Promote your podcast to build your listener base.
There's another book from Dan Schmit that can help with podcasting. GarageBand Mechanics helps teachers use Apple's GarageBand by offering how-tos, tips, and curriculum centered projects for learning and implementing GarageBand in their classrooms. Have a look at a PDF excerpt from the book.