Scottsdale Library Youth Services Retreat
Look What I Did: Short & Sweet iPad Videos
Empower kids with the hottest technology around...tablets! Former teacher Tony Vincent has specialized in using mobile computers for learning for over a decade, and he has useful information, strategies, tools, and ideas to share. Learn how iPads can be used to make short movies and animations that are perfect for reviewing books, summarizing learning, and explaining almost anything. See how these videos can be shared online and captured into a QR code. Best of all, get hands-on time with apps that can excite, engage, and educate learners of all ages.
- Scan QR codes with i-nigma app
- Create QR codes at goqr.me
- QR code sticker printer
- QR Code Treasure Hunt Generator
- What's missing from these quotes? QR codes hide the answer!
- Tony Vincent's video about QR codes
- recordmp3.org works on Macs and PCs to record audio, upload, and provide a URL
- Make fancier QR codes at qrstuff.com and
- Funny Movie Maker is free. Pick a photo and then record your lips speaker. Your lips are placed on top of your photo.
- Save to the Camera Roll where the video can then be submitted to DropItTo.me or Padlet.com. Or, copied to a PC via a USB cable.
- Create a free account at Dropbox.com.
- Go to dropitto.me and create an account and link your Dropbox.com account.
- Pick out a URL where others can submit videos. Submitted videos are copied to your Dropbox in a folder called DROPitTOme.
- After the video is in Dropbox, click the video to Share Link. Paste that link to goqr.me and you've got yourself a video QR code!
- Pic Collage app is great for combining images and text.
- Save the collage to the Camera Roll/Photo Library where the image can then be imported into other apps.
- Make narrated slideshows using 30hands.
- No need to create a 30hand account. Skip that step.
- Export as a video to the Camera Roll where it can then be uploaded to DropItTo.me or Padlet.com.
- Collage images or videos onto one wall by making a wall at Padlet.com.
Making a new Padlet? Here are the settings Tony recommends:
- Log into Padlet.com.
- Click the Modify Wall button.
- Under profile, give your wall a title and description.
- Under Layout, change from Freeform to Stream.
- Under Privacy, checkmark Moderate posts.
- Under Address, give your wall an easy to type web address.
- See the QR code under the Share menu.
- Save images in Safari by touching and holding the image. Tap the Save button that appears. The image is saved into your Camera Roll/Photo Library/Photos App.
- AirServer for Mac or PC to wirelessly mirror iPad's screen to a computer
- Zwipes microfiber clothes for clearing fingerprints from the screen
- 3 pack of styluses for $1.20 with free shipping
- is a free app for making short animations.
- Select a background and then make an avatar speak in front of it.
- Limited to 30 seconds. T
- To make a longer video or to change backgrounds in the same video, make a series of Tellagami videos and stitch them together using the Splice Video Editor - Free app.
- Make 60 seconds documentaries using Videolicious.
- Import images and add a video intro and outro with voiced-over images.