Pottsville 1:1 Workshop August 2013
- PollEverywhere.com - Multiple choice and open-ended surveys
- Tagul.com - Make word clouds. Sign in with your Google account.
- Step-by-step guidance for students creating shared Google Drive folders where they store their work for the teacher to access.
- The Share button on documents is important for collaboration.
- Create a Google Form in Google Drive to collect URLs of student work. Here's a detailed guide on making Google Forms.
- drive.google.com - Docs, spreadsheets, forms & presentations
- Benefits & Drawback of Web-Based Tools: tinyurl.com/pvtchart
- When working on projects, be aware of copyright. Get public domain images at pixabay.com, openclipart.org and Bing.
- Use the Research Tool in a Google Doc (under the Tools menu) to insert copyright-friendly images with automatically generated footnotes.
- Show What You Know - Infographic with web tools for showing
- Audio - online-voice-recorder.com
- Comics - Pixton.com
- Books - ZooBurst.com
- Animations - Prezi.com, GoAnimate.com, Xtranormal.com/Edu
- Quizlet.com - Flashcards and study aids
- Socrative.com - Response system with reporting
- FutureEmail.com - Submit and email that will be delivered at a future date
- tonyv.me/reflect - Click for a random reflection question
- TinyURL.com for shortening web addresses
- Bitly.com for shortening web addresses and getting stats on how many hits the link has received
- Powerful Learning by Linda Darling-Hammond
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- Do a Google search for a "timer for 5 minutes" or however long you need it.
- WebsiteLike.com - Find websites that are similar to ones you already know