Make Projects Mobile
- Spoon Feeding vs. Feeding Themselves
- Questioning • Investigating • Sharing • Reflecting
Sample Driving Questions
- How can we best stop the flu at our school?
- Is it worth the expense to move to an organic diet?
- Make the case for using the metric system in Georgia.
- Which simple machine could you not live without?
- Is it better to buy or lease a car?
- What if Rosa Parks never gave up her seat?
- Design a better lunch menu for your school.
- What if we had a chicken house at our school?
Refining the Question
- Shorten as much as possible.
- Question should appeal to students.
- Make it personal or local.
- Leads to more questions.
- As much room for student voice and choice as possible
- Radio WillowWeb
- What-If History Projects
- bu.mp for transferring photos and files from an iPad to a computer
- Genius Hour video by Chris Kessler, 8th grade science teacher
- Genius Hour website
- “When we choose for ourselves, we are far more committed to the outcome–by a factor of five to one.” - Harvard Business Review
- ThinkLink.com example: Student projects
- Reflect with QR Codes