Some iPods can play video. Your iPod has video capability if it displays Videos as one of the options in the Main menu. It's important to note that besides getting video from the iTunes Store, you can download video from the web. Once downloaded, drag and drop the file from your desktop to an iTunes playlist. It's important to note that iTunes can play a variety of video formats, however, iPods can play video in only these file formats: H.264 (.mp4) and MPEG-4 (.mp4). If a video plays in iTunes but not on an iPod, select the video in iTunes and choose Convert Selection for iPod from the Advanced menu.
You can connect iPod to a television or projector that has composite or component video inputs. Apple sells AV Cables for iPods.
Sources for downloadable video content:
- Internet Archive: Moving Images Archive
- Video - Creative Commons
- Mobunga: Browse Videos: Education
- Download and convert YouTube video to iPod's MPEG-4 format for free using the Vixy.net, Zamzar, KickYouTube.
- Convert video from DVD to iPod format using Handbrake - Mac / Windows
- For more about video, read The Last iPod Video Guide You'll Ever Need
- Also see Podcasting for many free sources of video podcasts.