Having 30, 60, or hundreds of handheld can sure be a lot of work! Can you image having to routinely sync each of them to a desktop computer each time you wish to install applications and documents? Soft Reset Show #9 features technical strategies that experienced handheld-using educators use to make handhelds a bit more manageable. As a bonus, listen for Mike's manipulative way to convince students to delete applications.
- Judy from Ten Sleep, Wyoming introduces the show. She works at Ten Sleep's school and is learning to use her Palm LifeDrive, along with the rest of the school's staff.
- Tony's Tip: Don't put an expansion card upside down or backwards. Never force the card in. Remember that card slots are spring-loaded, so you actually push the card down to get it to pop out.
- Mike's Tip: Check help menus and websites for help, tips, and instructions for using software.
- FileZ for Palm.
- FlyZip for Palm & LightNZip for Palm.
- BeamPro for Palm.
- Stability Test for Palm.
- Grant Street Software's SD Deploy for Palm, SD Deploy for Windows Mobile and SD Express for Palm.
- Mike's Pocket PC Alternative for SD Express.
- Visit Soft Reset's Discussion Forum to discuss this show!
- Leave a voicemail for us to play on the show! 206-333-1942
- Email Tony and Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.